Education Datalab recently contributed evidence to the Education Select Committee’s inquiry into primary assessment.
Among the points made by Datalab are that:
- using assessment for curriculum compliance must be done with care;
- we need a reliable age five baseline assessment;
- teacher assessment should not be used in statutory assessment;
- a simpler floor standard would be fairer and more transparent;
- we should avoid over-interpreting Key Stage data.
Want to stay up-to-date with the latest research from Education Datalab? Follow Education Datalab on Twitter to get all of our research as it comes out.