Who we are
We produce independent, cutting-edge research that can be used by policy makers to inform education policy, and by schools to improve practice.
We regularly produce analysis for schools, academy trusts, local authorities, third sector organisations, central government bodies and others with an interest in education – and frequently speak to those in the classroom to understand the impact that policies have at the chalk-face.
We are experts at analysing education data and policy, and use those skills to produce impactful reports, visualisations and policy recommendations
Among the datasets that we use are:
- the National Pupil Database;
- post-16 Individualised Learner Records;
- the School Workforce Census;
- Higher Education Statistics Agency datasets;
- the OECD’s PISA study;
- linked datasets, including the longitudinal educational outcomes (LEO) data and the Work and Pensions Longitudinal Study.
We launched in February 2015 as part of the not-for-profit company FFT Education.
For more than 15 years, FFT has provided accurate and insightful information to schools, and we share their vision of using data to enable pupils to achieve their full potential, and schools to improve.